The apparatus is designed to determine thermal conductivity of different liquids. The apparatus consists of a heater. The heater heats a thin layer of liquid. A cooling plate removes heat through liquid layer, ensuring unidirectional heat flow. Temperature is measured across the liquid layer and complete assembly is properly insulated. A proper arrangement for changing the liquids is provided. The whole assembly is kept in a chamber.
- Determination of thermal conductivity of liquid.
- Study of variation of thermal conductivity of liquid with temperature.
- Liquid Chamber : Dia 160 mm (approx).
- Heater : Dia 100 mm, sandwiched between copper plates.
- Insulation : Ceramic Wool
- Cooling chamber : Made of Aluminum for water circulation.
- Valves are provided for drain, charging overflow line to make system flexible.
- Cabinet to accommodate the slab assembly.
- The whole set-up is ingeniously designed and schematically arranged on a powder-coated rigid structure