A Pitot tube is used to measure the local velocity at a given point in the flow stress. A Pitot tube of standard design made of copper/Stainless Steel is supplied and is fixed below a vernier scale. The vernier scale is capable to measure the position of Pitot tube in transparent pipe section. The pipe has a flow control valve to regulate the flow.
- To find the point velocity at the center of a tube for different flow rates of water and calibrate the Pitot Tube.
- To plot velocity profile across the cross section of pipe
Required for Operation:
- Water supply Tap water connection
- Floor Area with Drain facility
- Pitot Tube: Material Copper/SS of compatible size
- Hook/Pointer Gauge: With Vernier Scale
- Test Section: Material Clear Acrylic, compatible to 1” Dia. Pipe
- The whole set-up is ingeniously designed and schematically arranged on a powder-coated rigid structure
- Standard make On/Off switch, Mains Indicator etc.