This unit shows the construction and working of Pelton Wheel Turbine It consists of pelton wheel rotate by the jet of water supplied from centrifugal pump. Rope break dynamometer is used to measure the output of turbine. Pressure Gauge and Orifice meter are used to measure the input of turbine.
- MS Tank to store sufficient water for independent circulation through the unit experimentation and arrange within the floor space of main unit. Capacity 650 Ltr.
- Runner coupled to pelton wheel. Rope Bake Dynamometer is used to measure the output Runner diameter 220mm.
- Spring Balance 6 kg (Salter Make).
- Discharge Butter Fly valve used to control the flow-rate of water.
- Pressure Gauge of 4.2 kg/crn2 is used to measure the pressure head.
- Rigid MS frame work compactly fitted with all the above items as a self-sufficient
- package unit suitable for operation without any foundation
- Switch and starter suitable for above motor pump set mounted on the control panel board
- To determine the efficiency of Turbine
- To draw the characteristics curve of Turbine