Heat exchanger is a device in which heat is transferred from one fluid to another. The apparatus consists of a concentric tube heat exchanger. Hot water flows through inner tube in one direction only and cold water flows through the outer tubes. Direct ion of cold fluid flow can be changed from parallel or counter to hot water so that unit can be operated as parallel or counter flow heat exchanger. Flow rates of hot and cold water are measured using Rotameters. A magnetic drive pump is used to circulate the hot water from a re-cycled type water tank, which is fitted with heaters and Digital Temperature Controller.
- To calculate the following parameters both ftor parallel and Counter flow arrangement: Rate of Heat Transfer, LMTD, Overall heat transfer co-efficient.
- To compare the performance of Parallel and Counter flow heat exchanger.
- System: Water to Water, concentric tube type
- Heat Exchanger: Length 1.6m (approx.). insulated with ceramic wool and cladded by aluminum foil.
- Outer Tube: Material Stainless steel. ID 27.5mm, OD 33.8 mm (approx)
- Inner Tube: Material Stainless Steel, OD 12.7mm (appx)
- Water Flow Measurement: Rotameters (2Nos.) one each for cold hot fluid.
- Hot Water Tank: Made of Stainless steel. Insulated with ceramic fiber wool.
- Hot Water Circulation: Magnetic Pump
- Heaters: Nichrome wire heater (2Nos)
- The whole set-up is ingeniously designed and schematically arranged on a powder-coated rigid structure
- Digital Temp. Controller : 0-199.9°C, (For Hot Water Tank)
- Digital Temp. Indicator: 0-199.9°C, with multi-channel switch
- Temperature Sensors: RTD PT-100 type.
- Standard make On/Off switch, Mains Indicator etc.