The apparatus consists of blower unit fitted with the test pipe.
Nichrome wire heater surrounds the test section. Four Temperature Sensors are embedded on the test section, two placed in the air stream at the entrance and exit of the test section to measure the inlet and outlet air temperature.
Test pipe is connected to the delivery side of the blower along with the orifice to measure flow of air through the pipe.
Constant heat flux is given to pipe by an electric heater through a variac and measured by Digital Voltmeter and Digital Ammeter.
- To determine average surface heat transfer coefficient for a pipe by forced convection.
- Comparison of heat transfer coefficient for different airflow rates and heat flow rates.
- To plot surface temperature distribution along the length of pipe.
- Test section: Horizontal, externally heated
- Blower: FHP of Standard make
- Heater: Nichrome Wire
- The whole set-up is ingeniously designed and schematically arranged on a powder-coated rigid structure
- Digital Tem.Indicator: 0-300°C, with multi-channel switch
- Temperature Sensors: RTD PT-100 type
- Standard make On/Off switch, Mains Indicator etc.