This is a reaction turbine and this test rig shows the construction and working of Francis turbine. Rope brake dynamometer is used to measure the output of turbine. Pressure gauge and orifice meter are used to measure the input of turbine.
- Supply pump set lOOxlOOmm size, 1500 Ipm at 15 meter head suitable for supplying water to the above turbine.
- Sump Tank :MS Tank to store sufficient water for independent circulation through the unit experimentation and arrange Within the floor space of main unit. Capacity 650 Itr.
- Rope Bake Dynamometer is used to measure the output.
- Spring balance and dead weights are used to measure the load.
- Runner Diameter 220mm.
- Discharge Butter Fly valve used to control the flow rate of water.
- Spring Balance 6 Kg (Salter Make)
- Rigid MS frame work compactly fitted with all the above items as a self-sufficient package unit suitable for operation without any foundation.
- Switch and starter suitable for above motor pump set mounted on the control panel board.
- To determine the efficiency of Turbine
- To draw the characteristics curve of Turbine