The apparatus consists of two pipelines emerging out from a common manifold. One pipe line contain a Venturimeter and other contains an Orifice. The pressure tapings from the Venturimeter and orifice meter are taken to differential manometer to measure pressure difference. The Venturimeter and Orificemeter are connected in parallel and any one of them can be put in operation by operating valves provided at the downstream. The flow can also be regulated by these valves. The set-up can be connected to Hydraulic Bench with flexible pipe line.
- To determine the co-efficient of discharged through Venturimeter
- To measure discharge through Venturimeter as flow meters
Required for Operation:
- Water supply Tap water connection ” BSP Distilled water @ 60 liters (optional)
- Floor Area with Drain facility
- Venturimeter Material: Clear Acrylic compatible to 1” Dia. Pipe
- Orificemeter Material: Clear Acrylic compatible to 1” Dia. Pipe
- Water Circulation: FHP Pump, Crompton make
- Flow Measurement: Using Measuring Tank with Piezometer
- (Capacity 25 Ltrs.) and Electronic Stop Watch
- The whole set-up is ingeniously designed and schematically arranged on a powder-coated rigid structure
- Standard make On/Off switch, Mains Indicator etc.