The setup consists of a channel having sufficient length and width in which water is supplied from the bottom. Required Notch is fitted at one end of this channel. A pointer gauge with Vernier scale is fitted to measure the height of fluid in flow channel. Arrangement for fixing interchangeable notches is made. Set of three notches, i.e. rectangular notch, 60 V notch 45 V notch is provided along with the set-up. Present set-up is self-contained water re-circulating unit, provided with a sump tank and a centrifugal pump etc. Flow control valve and by-pass valve are fitted in water line to conduct the experiment on different flow rates. Flow rate of water is measured with the help of measuring tank and stopwatch.
To determine co-efficient of discharge (Cd) through:
- V notch 45°
- V notch 60°
- Rectangular Notch.
Required for Operation:
- Notches : Material Brass
- Rectangular Notch
- 45° V Notch
- 60° V Notch
- Pointer Gauge : With Vernier scale.
- Water Circulation : FHP Pump Crompton make.
- Flow Measurement : Using Measuring Tank with Piezometer, Capacity 25 Ltrs.
- Stop Watch : Electronic.
- The whole set-up is ingeniously designed and schematically arranged on a powder-coated rigid structure
- Standard make On/Off switch, Mains Indicator etc.